Sunday, February 1, 2009

Where's Tonya Harding?

My knees were mysteriously starting to hurt somewhere around the beginning of January. The pain crept up so stealthily that I can't pinpoint when it began. Then, a week ago Saturday I insisted on trying to run on a treadmill at school even though my knees were mysteriously sore. Instead of a full hour of running/walking and making it a distance of 6 miles (I hoped), I managed 30 minutes of running/walking/hopping, and then just walked until I made 4 miles.

Now not only are my knees even more sore, but now I can't use them, either! Brilliant! Ha ha! Narf! Not my brightest moment, I admit. I just wanted to run off the stress so badly!

However, it has turned out to be a blessing from the Lord in disguise. Instead of spending my time dancing and running (and attending a weekend-intensive cross-training class), I've been able to choreograph quite a bit (utilizing a zen-like concentration and endless listening to the same bars of music), and even tidy up the apartment slightly. And so, I believe I'm actually significantly calmer now than I believe I would have been otherwise.

Still, I believe that my menisci may be inflamed, and/or that I might have chrondomalacia of my patella. Can anyone refer a good doc?

No comments:

Post a Comment