Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Santiago de Compostela

Decided to stay in this part of the country an extra day and get some more Siza in. Wanted to see two projects in the city of Santiago de Compostela. Both buildings are part of the university there and were pretty interesting and worthwhile.

We had to rent a car to get there, which I ended up driving. Good times. Probably wouldn´t have been so bad had it not been for the rain, but you can´t really plan these things I guess. The Portugese and Spanish countrysides were absolutely amazing and beautiful. Some of the most lush green hills and valleys that I´ve ever seen. On the other hand the roads, signs and drivers sucked.

I´m not going to comment much on the buildings. Siza´s awesome and nothing more really need be said. We spent a lot more time driving than we did actually getting to see and experience the architecture, but having got home alive I´d probably do it again given the choice. It was an adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I have to share. You know that I'm a pretty fast driver. I just like to always drive 5 mph over all the time, unless I'm really in a hurry. Well, the drivers in Chicago made me look like a grandma. I think I get passed in a year here by as many people as passed me in my few days there!

    ReplyDelete