Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Glimmer of Hope

On Tuesday, Tyson called me while I was at work to tell me that his #1 choice firm in Salt Lake emailed him and invited him in for an interview that afternoon. I thought this might be the answer to our fasting and prayers, and I tried fiercely to not be ecstatic. :)

The following day, a few of my customer support coworkers and I were told that a position was opening up that would require no phone work, only working on the computer all day. Again, I was very excited, and wanted to jump up and down, and say, "Pick me! Pick me!" I think three of us were interested, and again I'm hopeful that in a few weeks I might be able to move out of customer support.

Tyson's interview went well, and we are still waiting to hear if he will be called in for a 2nd interview. We expected the call before the week was up. It becomes harder to hold on to hope, but we do our best.

Also, yesterday we attended the temple together. I have a personal goal to attend every temple in Utah, so we drove up to the Draper temple - only to find that it was just closing for regional conference! :P So, we caught some lunch and then drove over to the Oquirrh Mountain temple, instead.

As we were leaving, standing on the temple grounds and looking out over the valley, I could see the Draper temple over toward the right, the Jordan River temple down and slightly left, and then downtown Salt Lake where the temple was eclipsed by larger buildings farther to my left. All while still standing on the temple grounds! It was amazing! How blessed I am to live in the latter days!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do hope things work out with the jobs! I'll be praying for you.

    That is something I always love when I visit Utah; seeing multiple temples from one location. It feels almost surreal, and very, very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete