Sunday, November 8, 2009

Aliens Not Allowed

First, I have to say that the weather this week has been divine! It's been sunny and in the 60s every day! I am loving it!

The highlights for me this week were receiving a Priesthood blessing of comfort from Tyson, giving my friend Crystal a massage, and actually being able to get in a full workout every day except Wednesday. :) The blessing helped a lot. I was getting quite depressed, and it was reassuring to know that we have a purpose to fulfill here, and that our circumstances will change once that purpose is fulfilled.

Also, last night we hung out with Chris and Raylene and went to see the movie "The Box," which is based off of the short story "Button, Button." (It was also made into a Twilight Zone episode in the '80s.) I have to give the movie a great big "Bleh!" As soon as alien-controlled-zombie-people are explaining my choices between "eternal salvation" and "eternal damnation," you've lost my interest. The movie "Knowing" makes the same kind of mistake. God is love. He is not a bunch of detached aliens playing puppeteers with our lives. Period.

Not wanting to end so negatively ( :D ), I'd like to say that we watched "The Brother's Bloom" a while back, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. One of the better movies I've seen in some time. Quite quirky, but very sweet.

2 comments:

  1. We just saw Brothers Bloom too thanks to Carly's recommendation and quite liked it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Brothers Bloom" has been on our Netflix queue for a while now, but we haven't pushed it to the top because we weren't sure whether it would be any good... Glad to hear you liked it - we'll have to check it out now! :)

    ReplyDelete