Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Tuesday Tyson met me when I finished work and we drove up to Thanksgiving Point to go through Cornbelly's cornmaze, but because of the snow earlier that day, they were closed. The next day he called a couple of times to make sure that they'd be open, and we went again.

The maze itself was kind of sad. It had taken a beating for the past several weeks, and it was still kind of muddy. We got a thick layer of mud and corn husks tuck to the bottom of our shoes! :P However, we still had fun. :) We went through the hay snake with all the little kids, went down the slides, admired the carved pumpkins display, warmed ourselves by the fire pit, and ended up buying a large pumpkin for $1 on our way out. :)


Afterward, we swung by Zupas, and I got their Jamaican Pumpkin Coconut soup - which was divine! - and their berry salad, and a "million dollar bar." Tyson got the Wisconsin Cauliflower soup and the California Turkey sandwich. Then we hurried over to UVU for Institute. :)

Friday at work we had our Halloween party. Lots of us dressed up - my team lead Alisha was a ninja turtle, our boss Dave was an obnoxious Utah Jazz fan complete with a 'stash, and one of the executives wore pink pajamas, a pig nose, and a hospital mask to be the "swine flu." Tyson came to the lunch festivities at noon - making me the happiest person there! :D There was a chili cook-off, and pumpkin pie and chocolate cake. :) Then the children that had come went from cubicle to cubicle rick-or-treating. :)

That evening, we had delicious soup that Calleen had made with honey cornbread that Tyson had made. Then we carved pumpkins while watching the Jazz game. I asked Tyson what would be a "Springer" jack-o-lantern, and her said a butterfly. So I looked up images online, and used one as an inspiration. It was fun to flex my artistic muscles again a little. :)



Calleen and I also picked out and baked pumpkin seeds. This was one of my favorite Halloween treats growing up, and I was so tickled to finally have a chance to eat them again. :) (Yay to not having mid-terms!)

Saturday evening we went to Chris's apartment for a Halloween party. Chris, and his brothers Andrew and Zach, with help and encouragement from Raylene, dressed up as the three Jonas brothers. I have no idea who the Jonas brothers are, but they looked sharp - and Andrew's wig made me giggle. :D We all munched and talked, and then played Apples to Apples, Last Word, and Catch Phrase. It was all really fun. :)

2 comments:

  1. i think that might be the most amazing pumpkin i've seen. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds/looks like you had some fun Halloween activities. :) Oh, and I like that picture of the sun through the corn stalks - very cool.

    I love your pumpkin. I will have to show it to Arianna, since she's had a thing for butterflies lately (and dressed up as one for Halloween).

    ReplyDelete