Sunday, May 24, 2009

Church in Spain

For those of you who don't know, my religion is a big part of my life. I won't go into the particulars of my beliefs, you can find a link to those in the side bar if you're curious, but it was pretty neat to be able to attend a service with a congregation on the other side of the world, in a language that I don't speak, but be totally in tune with what was happening. I've done this a few times in Europe, South America and Southeast Asia. Each time has its own peculiarities. For instance, in the States, our church would almost never be part of a larger building or set in an urban area for that matter, but everything of significance was very familiar and comfortable. The architecture wasn't so interesting, but it was a piece of home in a new place. You need that sometimes I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment