Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Raval

So today was a bit of an adventure. We met as usual for our walk beginning at a University in the Raval district. It was a pretty remarkable building with a very nice courtyard on the inside. I couldn't help comparing it to north campus at U of M. Kind of makes me feel cheated in a way, but I guess we do have Panda Express, right Pei!

We stopped at the CCCB, which is one of my favorite buildings in Barcelona, as you could probably tell by my earlier post. We were going to stop and sketch here, but there were bleachers set up for some function, so for my peeps who were totally cheated out of a great afternoon, here's something I put together.

We stopped at the MACBA museum to sketch for a while. I really got into it and found a nice spot just across the way to do some drawing. Unfortunately, it was out of the way enough that no one could find me, so I ended up getting left behind. I include a picture below in defense of my classmates. I was hiding behind some bicycle racks. Oh well...

1 comment:

  1. Mm, yeah. I can see how sitting behind those bicycle racks would make anyone invisible . . .

    ReplyDelete